Monday, August 30, 2004

Managing code repositories on two machines

I have two machines on which I work and have to move complete source code repository back and forth to replicate changes. This is quite cumbersome as these repositories are rather large (hundreds of megabytes).

I have been pondering for a way to replicate only diffs but still haven't found a solution. My two candidates were (are) subversion (as I use it to host projects) and unison (file system synchronization utility). The problem is that I can't connect these machines via network and thus simple "svn up" is not possible.

I think there should be a subversion way to "export" changes and then "apply" it to another WC. But even if this is possible I need to replicate the subversion repository itself.

Internet-living Mastermind, are you hearing me?

update: Davin suggested Windows built-in 'briefcase' tool, that's what I'm going to try.

2 Comments:

Blogger Davin said...

Just what kind of OS are you running on both machines?

10:49 AM  
Blogger Max Ischenko said...

They are both Win2K boxes. (sigh) ;-)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home